Patient Information and Preparation
- You will be required to purchase the Botox at a pharmacy and bring it with to your appointment or pre-arrange through your benefits provider or BioScript.
- Since Botox must be kept frozen until the time of the procedure, we will arrange delivery and storage at the clinic until your appointment.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing that allows easy access to the muscle or muscles in question
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment as, if you are late, your appointment will have to be postponed
What to expect during your procedure
- Your technologist will explain the consent form, discuss procedural details and answer any questions you may have before the time
- You’ll remain in a seated position and the radiologist will take a history. A series of injections will then be provided in the forehead, scalp, temporal region, back of the head, and neck muscles.
Post procedure instructions
- Please rest during the 24 hours following your injection
- Avoid heavy activity, physical therapy or rehabilitation sessions for 24-48 hours
- Be aware of your pain and stop your activity if it hurts too much
What you’ll pay for this procedure
You will be required to purchase your Botox at a pharmacy and bring it with to your appointment. Some benefits providers cover the cost of Botox and we encourage to review your plan, if applicable. You will need to otherwise pay for the Botox yourself, and prices may vary. The injection procedure, excluding medication, is covered under your Alberta Health Care Plan.