Position Title: X-ray Technologist
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Shift Imaging is a community based, medical imaging provider specializing in the delivery of state-of-the-art care to the underserved populations across Northern Alberta.
Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department, including Shift Imaging’s walk in x-ray and mammography services with optional training in BMD.
- Explains procedures to patients to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational materials and obtains informed consent.
- Verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Prepares patients for radiology exams by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patients from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel (either department manager or office manager).
- Practice sterile techniques, maintain aseptic conditions and always use universal precautions.
- Strong computer skills with Electronic Medical Record experience.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Able to perform daily tasks independently and as part of a team, while developing strong relationships and closely coordinating with staff of other departments.
- CPR/BCLS for healthcare providers required.
- Completion of an accredited radiologic technology program.
- Certified and currently registered with Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT).
- At least 12 months of prior related clinical experience preferred. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Mammography.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Permanent part time Wednesday and Friday
- No shift or evening work
- Generous hourly wage
- Group benefits and savings plan
- Plenty of free parking and licensing reimbursements
- Professional development and/or educational support
- Opportunity to work with exceptional team members and cutting edge technology
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the intake form below. We want to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.