FULL TIME RADIOLOGIST
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Shift Imaging is a modern state-of-the-art facility in Grande Prairie, Alberta, seeking a skilled full-time radiologist to join its expanding practice.
With a focus on making cutting edge medical care accessible to communities otherwise encumbered with long commutes and hazardous winter conditions, Shift Imaging brings the necessary expertise closer to home, without sacrificing quality.
- We’re privileged to be the Peace Region’s first imaging provider to locally offer:
- Nuchal translucency ultrasound (the 11 -13 weeks scan), with all radiologists and technologists meeting the standards set forth by the Fetal Medicine Foundation.
- Echocardiography capable of Automated Function Imaging (AFI) to more accurately assess wall motion at rest.
- Special liver studies including Sheerwave Elastography (fibrosis staging) and UGAP (ultrasound guided attenuation parameter), enabling quantification of liver steatosis to aid in early identification and monitoring of patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
An all-in-one stop for pain management including diagnosis, treatment, specialist referral, and rehabilitation.
- Radiofrequency neurotomy (RFN) for the treatment of facetogenic low back pain.
About the position
The ideal candidate should:
- Be proficient in general body ultrasound, Obstetrical ultrasound, vascular ultrasound, MSK and breast ultrasound.
- Be proficient or willing to learn elective image guided pain management injections including transforaminal epidural steroid injections.
- Be proficient in the interpretation of general x-ray and BMD examinations.
- Be proficient in general pain management injections under fluoroscopic or ultrasound guidance.
- Be willing to perform up to 3 ultrasound guided biopsies per week (breast, thyroid, occasional miscellaneous soft tissue).
- Have an interest in quality assurance and policy development.
Optional training qualifications and practice opportunities
- CAR MAP accreditation – only those candidates recognized by the CAR MAP Program will be eligible to interpret mammograms.
- Radiofrequency neurotomy and cervical spine trans-facet epidural steroid injections are optional skillsets available to qualified applicants. These procedures will be covered by a peer in the event where you’re unable to perform these procedures.
- Adult echocardiography – this service is shared with our local internist although echocardiography interpretations are available to those with level II training.
With an emphasis on work-life balance, this position provides a flexible ‘work hard play hard’ practice arrangement on a Monday to Friday basis. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team serving as a consultant to referring physicians, technicians and nursing team members. The usual workday consists of a steady volume of elective image guided pain management procedures, urgent cases referred from the local Emergency Department and general diagnostic interpretations.
- Proficient in image guided pain management injections, spine skillset preferred.
- Ultrasound guided breast and thyroid biopsies.
- Optional mammography and ABUS reads, requiring good standing with the CAR.
- Optional echocardiography interpretations.
- CMPA or equivalent coverage.
- Doctor of Medicine and FRCPC designation.
Active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) including an Alberta Health Billing number and practitioner ID.
- Fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology, neuroradiology or completion of accredited spine intervention program.
About the position
- Moving allowance.
- Flexible practice arrangement.
- No evening or weekend on-call commitments.
- Fee for service compensation commensurate to the locale.
- 20+ weeks’ vacation time with the option for additional locum coverage/time off at mutually agreeable terms with the Clinic.
Grande Prairie, we have it all!
Grande Prairie is located in Northwestern Alberta in the heart of the Peace Region, it is the largest city North of Edmonton. Grande Prairie is a thriving young city full of continuous growth and opportunity with many options for entertainment, shopping, and dining.
Grande Prairie acts as a regional hub serving 281,000+ people from across northern Alberta, northern British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories. Several parks and trails are available to explore across the city as well as several modern art and recreational facilities such as the Eastlink center.
Located hours away from Edmonton, or Jasper, Alberta, you can easily retreat for a weekend away shopping in the city, or a relaxing weekend away in the stunning Rocky Mountains full of recreational activities.
How to apply
All applications and general inquiries are managed in confidence. Please forward your CV to email@example.com and the clinic’s Medical Director will contact you to further discuss the opportunity.